Happy Spring! I have to apologize for not posting in so long...with a couple of weekends of out town including a weekend in Savannah for a wedding (see fancy outfits, right) and a ton going on, I'm sure you can relate. I wanted to compile a list of things I have made lately in the hopes that you will be urged to try one of them. Here they are:
- Chicken pitas with homemade tzatziki (really brought me back to Devine Greek, my favorite Greek spot in Columbia. Tzatziki is incredibly easy to make and I eyeballed the whole thing. It really turned out delicious!
- Shrimp tacos with homemade guacamole (thanks for the inspiration Kate!)
- Carrot Cake muffins with homemade cream cheese frosting (via May's issue of Southern Living)
- Homemade pizza with salami, goat cheese, roasted grape tomatoes, and sage (I have found the ultimate trick to making homemade pizza is putting a healthy drenching of olive oil mixed with salt, pepper, lots of fresh garlic, and red pepper flakes on all of the dough before you add anything)
- Smashed cauliflower with blue cheese- this is one of my new favorite veggies to make and you can really get creative with what to add to it. I usually add lots of pepper, a little salt, Parmesan, and whatever else I have. Try cooking the cauliflower in chicken stock first to give it tons of flavor.